Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kids in the Snow

Hello my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy! I can not believe I have not created anything all week. I guess the flu took more out of me than I though, and to top that off I almost cut the whole top of my right index finger off :0 so typing and creating kind of went to a stand still. I went through more Band Aids than I would like to admit :). But, as you can see I am on the mend.
So here it is a new Wednesday and I just love Wednesdays, as it is kind of a total me day Yippee! My DH & DD work all day and they both have things to do during the evening so I get a free day mostly just for me hehehe.
Have you ever had a card idea floating around in your head for days and finally got the chance to put in on paper. Well this one was kind of like that. I had always wanted to make characters with the ornament punch and I finally had some time to do it. I think this card turned out really cute. I love the kids mittens and the girls glittery pink hat. I do not know if you can see all the Dazzling Diamonds that I have put on the snow flakes and the edge on the snow drift that the kids are playing behind, but it is there! I used the Ornament punch for the faces and the hats & the Two step Bird Punch for the mittens. I used the new Textured Impression Folder Northern Flurry and the Polka Dot Impression folder for the background and the snow drift. If you have any questions please let me know and I can give you the full details.
Oh My Goodness I almost forgot to tell ya. I have been going to Weight Watchers for a couple months now and I am down 27 pounds. Isn't that the coolest! I can fit into some cloths I have not had on in years. One being the shirt I am wearing in my profile picture. I can also fit into my black leather jacket that my honey bought me 4 years ago for a Valentines gift. Lucky me new cloths to wear just in time for winter. I'll keep you posted from time to time about my progress. Well that seems to be it for today. I have some new things to share with you tomorrow.
Go on now and create something fun OK! Thanks Patrice

4 comments:

marilync said...

Congrats on your weight loss. As one who has battled and lost (and gained) many times I applaud you. Keep off the good work!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh, Patrice! This is so so creative and fun and cute and sweet. I love it!!

JoAnn Porter said...

This card is adorable and hard to believe you used the ornament punch for the faces and hats. I am so amazed that so many people like you look at a punch and come up ideas that are so cute and not anything like what the punch is at all. You are very creative.

A Touch of SOL said...

OMGosh Patricia...They are TOO CUTE!