Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm done Yippee

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy! Well I finished , creating, wrapping & Cleaning up my messes :) The studio is cleaned the paper, stamps, punches, ribbons, adhesives, Big Shot, Dies and do dads are all put away My desk is even cleaned off!!!!  What you say and there is more- The tree is up and trimmed, the house is nicely decorated and I have today to relax can you believe that !!!!!!
But rest is only for today here is the line up for the rest of the week Thurs- Cook red potatoes and make a salad to bring to my sisters for my Moms birthday dinner. I think she is going to be 86 or 87 and she is doing pretty good so far. Thank you God! Friday cook 6 bone standing Rib Eye Roast , beans, salad and potatoes for X-Mas Eve dinner.
Saturday cook, ham, baked tortellini, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams and a condiment tray for Christmas dinner. So I'm glad I have today to rest up. I think I will pull out all the serving trays and platters for this weekend and I can precook the potatoes and yams Friday to get a jump start on things.
I was thinking of making the dogs a little gift bag full of their treat bones. I may even make my mom & sisters dogs one each. I can make a gift bag for the cats too put a can of tuna in there and they will be in heaven :) Lets see what I come up with lolol.
I will take pictures of the roads outside. On the way to work this morning Jeff said a PT Crusier was sunk in a hole in the road and the road was washed out. He had to take side roads to get to work. He was half way in to work and said the streets were flooded so bad he had to take several detours. He got a call from his boss stating if he was having a hard time getting in today to turn around and go home. As the roads near his job were flooded. So he did and he is home safe with me :) It would be sort of OK to drive the roads in the daylight but very dangerous to travel that dirt road on the way home. Pot holes, sink holes, rocks and a flat tire ready to happen. So you all stay dry today OK
As promised here are a couple pictures of the porch. I only saw one leak from this weeks storms, that is really good considering last year it wasn't even covered. We have new carpet, lattice and rain gutters. I just have a few finishing touches to do and it is done. We even put the boys houses back on the porch for the winter so they are happy too.
Have a great rest of the week. Your friend Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

Hello my dear. We will be over for dinner (what night?-- how about all of them!!) You are a great cook and I know everyone will be getting a wonderful meal and time with you. If your roads are too bad to have the group over just come over here. Yes, it is quite a trip but we have two bedrooms with king size beds, two couches and a blow up bed. Missouri isn't that far from CA is it? I am ready for Christmas too, or at least as ready as I am going to get. I had off last night since we didn't have any patients but will work tonight. It is supposed to snow tomorrow (Christmas eve) so it will be pretty. My love to you and yours.

Hugs Carey and Roscoe