Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blog Candy Winner

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

As I said I would do, all names of those who commented every day went into a box DD was working so DH helped me out. He said "We have a winner"! Anita A from Turlock CA. Congratulations Anita, I will get your goodies out to you this week.

We were really busy with my Brother in laws Birthday Party last night and a dinner party this afternoon. My BIL was really happy with his party, but my DS had to tell him 25 people were coming to dinner so it was not a surprise. He could have picked up an extra shift but declined due to all the festivities.

We went to a CARNE FEST? tonight for an early dinner. (Vegetarians don't listen :) There was a Roasted Pig, Turkey, Salmon, Shrimp, Chicken wings, Tri Tip, Antalope, Meatballs and assorted side dishes. The invitation said BYOV "bring you own veggies" lololol . We had never been to one of these types of parties before. It was really yummy, they smoked, BBQ and Steamed all the meat you could eat. We chatted with old friends made a few new ones and had a great time.

We came home around 8:00pm  so I made 3 more pages for my Dates to Remember Book (May, June and July) that I will share with you tomorrow .

In addition, I made a fun card for Anita. It is an Envelope fold out card. They are fun to make and I believe I have a tutorial on a previous post from this summer.  http://mylittlepatchofdirt.blogspot.com/2010/06/vcrocks-summer-blog-hop-2.html  Now for Anita's card. I made a special envelope for it that will be included in her blog candy as well.




I hope you like it Anita. Then I made a card for my DM. She needed a masculine card that has music on it??? Here you go mom.
I hope he likes it and has a great birthday. I forgot to take a picture of my BIL's card but what's really funny is, I wrote a silly/sarcastic little note inside the card stating not to worry about turning FIFTY , false teeth, going to the bathroom, hearing aid's and that sort of stuff. He has a good scenes of humor and he laughed.
We are tired from a busy day and are gearing down to hit the sack. So, it is your turn go create something fun.

6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Congrats, Anita! Looks like you'll be getting a darling envelope card as well. And the masculine music card is gorgeous, Patrice. Sounds like you had a fun (and yummy) day.
(You asked if I was English. Nope.. born in the USA. Just lived there while DH's job was there.)

Anita said...

I can't wait. The card is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love your bday card--it's GREAT--so are your valentines. I've never tried Antelope--but LOVE everything else--esp. tri-tip--just now finding it here in NE. Hope to see you again on the BC, Nola

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute flap fold Valentine! Wonderful masculine BD card - thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

{SMILES}

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh SO SWEET! Love this idea!