Friday, February 11, 2011

Gate Fold with a Twist

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Looks like I caught what ever my DH and DD had! I had to rest for a few days YUCK! I still feel like I could take a nap right now.
But, I finally sold the Cadillac today Yippee!!! They are going to pick it up tonight. Now I can move forward and fix the Toyota and get around town again. I also was able to resolve the picture sizing issue I was having on a few internet sites that I upload my cards on. (Thanks Carol B for your suggestion it helped and you Rock!).

 I was sitting here sipping a cup of coffee happy with my new mad computer skill and my handy negotiating efforts lolol hahah and this card came to mind.
It is a gate fold card with a twist. I put a belly band around the card to hold it shut and a peek a boo card on top of that. I do not know if this has been done before but it was really fun putting it together.

Here are the supplies I used:
Stamp Sets: Bliss, Nature Walk and Whimsical Words.
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla,  Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy      DSP- Botanical Gazette.
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, and Old Olive.
Accessories: Crochet Ribbon, Build a Brad, Oval Extra Large Punch and Scallop Trim Border Punch.




Hope you like this card. Have a great day and go create something fun.

6 comments:

gbarron56 said...

Love the peek-a-boo belly band -- what a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Susan (rainy) said...

What an awesome design, Patrice! The card is so creative and really beautiful.

craftystamper said...

Awesome 'twist' to the gate fold card. A really neat idea that I might case someday. Love the peek-a-boo card at the front.

Lisa Somerville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi Berg said...

What a great card! So many pieces to explore! Love your work.

Carla said...

Oh, how awesome. I love your take on the Gate Fold. Fabulous. I sure haven't seen it before. Hugs,