Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Joy Fold Card

Hello my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I made a Joy Fold Card today. I saw one of these fun fold cards the other day on a ladies blog. (Thank you LeAnne) for forwarding me to Anne's blog) Her name is Anne Marie Hile her blog is Stampin' Anne  http://stampinanne.blogspot.com  Anne referred us to the SCS blog for a short tutorial  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/joy_fold_card  Anne's card is so beautiful I just had to try it. When you are finished here go and check out her blog.
This is my take on it.  The front of the card first. Oh yah, I forgot to mention I made the vanilla rosette myself! The ones from  SU are easy to apply and not to expensive. I don't know if I will make any more now that my order came in lolol.

Now for the inside.
I have to share some pictures of My Little Patch of Dirt while the getting is good (weather permitting). I went out today to see what damage all the rain caused this weekend, and to my surprise this is what I found growing in the vegetable box??? I guess we will have more Jalapenos this summer too!
Tomatoes??? I saw a few buds a couple weeks ago and did not have the heart to cut back this part of the plant. Today I picked 5 fresh tomatoes for our salad tonight?? Then I looked around a bit more and found some red and yellow Swiss Chard behind the seemingly dead tomato  plant?
My little patch of dirt really doesn't grow by the book. It grows when it wants to and it is not season observent. This next few pictures will explain it all! Strawberries in January???REALLY!




I can't believe it. It's been a very strange winter. January hitting 85 degrees for 2 weeks and then it rains and drops down to freezing in the evening the next two weeks. We are supposed to have another freeze this week.
My poor little garden is really suffering the tops of many of my evergreens are even freezing off. I'm not sure what is going to grow this year. We will just have to see what is going to make it the next few months.
It was a strange summer too, producing really hot weather hitting well over the 100's for 3 weeks in a row and no rain for a couple months.
Just saying it's been strange weather for everyone.
Now my BFF in Mo is getting lots of snow. Just thought I would share that tid bit with you.
Stay warm and dry where ever you are ok

No it's your turn, go create something fun.

2 comments:

Carey said...

Oh wow! I'll be over for dinner tonight- fresh tomatoes in January yippee!! I think even Dean would be happy to make the trek. The card is darling too. I made a joy fold many moons ago but definitely not as cute as yours. I had way too much going on with mine. Yours is a lot cleaner and very fresh looking. Yes, it is snowing here but nothing like they had up in St. Louis. I can still see the tops of the grass without problems. We had ice last night then snow during the night. You know who is loving the heck out of it. Hugs from your BFF

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow! I just love your joy-fold card! Fantastic color combo and I really like how you used the stamp set. I am so flattered for the sweet shout-out, too! I'm so jealous that you have fresh tomatoes growing in your yard. Yum!! :)