Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something Fun

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post find you all well and happy!

I was thinking all day yesterday what was I going to make for Valentines dinner???? So after a few hours tearing apart my little patch of dirt. I thought why not make Heart Shaped Tortillas for Tostadas.  I went into the kitchen after I got cleaned up and started cutting a heart shape out of the Tortilla. It was easy and they turned out so cute. Here is a picture of the Tortilla Heart.
 I used a regular sized whole grain tortilla, fried it in a little canola oil and drained it . We put ground turkey, beans, cheese,  homemade Spanish Rice, lettuce and tomatoes and some homemade green salsa on top of them. They were yummy and so fun to eat.

I was in the garden again today for several hours. Splitting plants, digging up frost bitten damaged and burnt out plants. It is going to take me about 40-50 hours to get it all cleaned up but it will be worth it when April comes around. I have so many beautiful Irises and Agapantha (Lily of the Nile) that I can split up to fill in the holes so it will look nice by the time we have our annual Easter party.


I made a quick little card toady, mostly using the new Designer Series Paper- Spring Time Vintage. I cut out several of the large roses and double mounted some of them for depth and interest with dimensional and used glue dots to adhere it to the front of the card. I added a few pearls hear and there and a 4 1/4" length of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding to the lower portion of the card. For the base of the card ( I cut the card stock at 4 1/4 x 11 so it flips up and stands like and isle) I used Kraft card stock and ran the front piece through the Big Shot using the Polka Dot Impression Folder. I punched out 2 pieces from the extra Large Punch, one in Marina Mist one in Cherry Cobbler. Then, I cut the Cherry Cobbler piece in half length wise and attached it to the top and bottom of the Marina Mist piece. I put a little cut out flower on a small piece of a dimensional in the top left corner and stamped the sentiment using the "because I CARE" piece from the Hostess Level One - Because I Care stamp set.


The inside of the card I cut out a few more flowers and glued them to the lower left and top right of the card. I used one of the pieces from the Occasional Quotes stamp set for the sentiment.
This is a side view picture so you can see that I used dimensionals.

That's all from me for today. Now it is your turn, go create something fun.


3 comments:

craftystamper said...

Now that's a wow card. Wonderful idea to use the designer paper that way. Your skill as a card maker is really coming through

Anita said...

Stunning card! What a fun dinner idea!

Ann said...

Patrice this is gorgeous!!! Love the colors you used and the multi layering of the roses!!!