Saturday, March 26, 2011

411 Saturday Sketch Challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy and dry!

I thought I would run out side this afternoon once it stopped raining and see if I could flag the Road smoother guy down and take a picture but he was already up the road a bit. Here is what the road looked like before he got to it.
(Look how green the little mountains are. By July it will be as dry as the road!)


This is what he does with all that mud! I took this picture as I went out to do some errands. It is really amazing. Nice and smooth & if it does not rain for awhile it will stay like this for about 3 weeks. I don't think we are done with the rain though. So the Dirt Smother guy will be back when ever needed. This is the first time we have ever lived in/on or  near a dirt road, it is quite an adjustment or should I say an alignment (Smile) for the cars that is! lololol
Now you know why I call my blog "My Little Patch of Dirt" because there is no pavement around here.
Well enough of the mud lets talk stamping...

It's Saturday already can you believe that! Stampin 411 has a great Sketch Challenge to try out this weekend. Here is the sketch
and this is what my interpretation was with it


I put a belly band around the card and positioned it towards the lower part of the card to insure the gift card would remain stationary also the band placement is in keeping with the sketch. Then for a little added (Wow)  I added three flaps that can be lifted up to reveal a little sentiment surprise on the belly band.


Here is what the Belly Band looks like off the card.

I used a Sale-A-Bration stamp set So Happy for You
I love Pearls so had to gussy it up a bit.
Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Hemp Twine for the double bow. Textured Impression Folder - Framed Tulips for the gift card holder.
More Mustard, Night Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler and Close to Coco card stock for the little flaps and card base.
I stamped with VersaMark Ink, Cherry Cobbler & Not Quite Navy Markers, 1/6th sponge Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink.

Well that's it for tonight I will add another post tomorrow as I will have some free time for my self, DH is going to help a friend work on his house.
I will also share with you an award that was given to me form a new reader. Can you believe that! What a privileged it is when another talented artist thinks you deserve and award! (BIG SMILE) Thank you Cynthia Richards,Wow is all I can say. You can check out her blog creations here.  http://inkadoodlecreations.blogspot.com

I'm hitting the hay so now it is your turn to go and create something fun.

9 comments:

Carey said...

WOWZER!! I am incredibly impressed with your design my dear. I never would have thought to do this. Congrats on your blog awardfrom last post (I think). I have been reading almost a weeks worth today and they are all running together for me. Have you ever gotten a pic of the poppies that are blooming? I would love to see them. Miss you and love you.

Hugs
Carey and Roscoe

Kerin said...

What a clever take on the sketch!! I really enjoyed looking further & further down your post & seeing everything you've done...WOW!!

Connie said...

Clever interactive card and fun way to highlight the butterfly trails!

I've never lived by a DIRT road...they gravel the country roads around here...maybe because we are midwest and get a lot of rain and snow?

Jen M said...

That is so cool! I love it.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Great take on this challenge and fabulous idea for a gift card!! Thanks sfor sharing it with us.

Carla said...

and here I just knew you were a gardener!!! What a terrific card!!! Love the interactive part! I lived on a gravel road for years, I can't imagine a dirt road!!! *smile*

Selene Kempton said...

Oh how funny! I only can think of the movie "my cousin vinny" and the mud with spinning tires in Alabama. It makes me wonder what part of the country you are.. I LOVE that movie! Such a creative interpretation of the sketch this week! I think your little belly band is fab!

Cards by Gina said...

Love all the touches on your card.
Thanks for playing along with us at PPA this week.

Unknown said...

Clever idea!! Great take on the sketch too!!