Friday, April 22, 2011

It Sketch Frenzy Friday Time

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday's Blog Hop! We have a really cool sketch for you today. Robbie Rubala thought this one up and I think she did a great job with it!  You may have come here from Melinda blog http://melindasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/ . Melinda always comes up with some very nice projects she pays a lot of attention to details which is really nice.
Here is this weeks sketch.

and this is what I came up with.

I have never used the SU Cork before. It worked well in the Big Shot and was easy to use. I used the Circle #2 Die to make the two circles. Then I distressed the edges of the larger one with Daffodil Delight to make the moon and Chocolate Chip and Cherry Cobbler for the edges around the wolf circle. I used a sponge to change the color of the Hemp Twine from Natural to Cherry Cobbler and then frayed the ends after I knotted it. You can pretty much see the what I did to the sentiment, again the cork was easy to work with and chipped away fairly easily. I ran a strip of Craft CS through the Lattice Embossing Folder, from that piece I cut two thin strips and added those to the edges of the Cherry Cobbler CS piece. I think it made the Cherry Cobbler piece really pop. I did a light VersaMark application to the Cherry Cobbler background piece with the group of pine trees stamp from the Lovely as a Tree Stamp Set. You know Wolves and the Forrest a Full Moon... Wow, I can hear him howling right now lololol. Oh PS. The wolf is from the In Wilderness Stamp Set. This set is one of my favorites from the Big Catalog.

Then I did a little decorating to the inside of the card. The sentiment is from the Just Believe Stamp Set.

From here your next stop on the Blog Hop will take you to Robbie Rubala's blog http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
Robbie always has something wonderful to share with us and she is the creator of this weeks sketch. We welcome you to make a card of your own from this sketch and post it on our main blog. http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/  I would love to see what you all have come up with, as I get so much inspiration from viewing your sketches.
Let me know what you think about the card and or any the techniques I used that you may have questions about.
Now it is your turn, go and create something fun.

5 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Great card Patrice, love the torn corner! I don't have this stamp set, but you're making me have second thoughts!
Hugs,
Sharon F

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card--love the cork!

Deb said...

This is a really great card! I haven't worked with the cork, either. It looks so great on your card! I just love all the texture!

Robbie said...

Great card! Love how you used the cork!

Robbie

Carla said...

Wow!! This is fabulous Patrice. I love all the layers and textures!!! The cork is fabulous. I've never worked with it, but I'm gonna have to try it. *smile* Hugs,