Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello All

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

WHERE HAS TIME GONE !!!! To give you a brief over view of what has been going on the last few weeks is;
1. We are not moving in with his Mom in Mira Loma. (I'm bummed I was looking forward to that) I guess she got scared she is getting old and she didn't want to lose her stuff or her space???
2. We found another house and the day before we were giving the deposit the Owner changed his mind !!! He decided he does not want pets after all? (He just put in new grass) I'm kind of glad I didn't have a totally good feel to that place anyhow.
3. We finally found another place 4.5 miles from Jeffs work and it is wonderful! We will be very happy there and the like Big Dogs and cats!!!!

  I should be able to post more often at least for the next couple of weeks. The move is not scheduled until the end of the month!
I had a few minutes to catch up on my e-mails and ran across a post from Sharon Field over at Created by You http://createdbyu.blogspot.com/. She talked about what to do with Designer Series Parer and why it is not only for backgrounds! One of her techniques was to add color to the paper image with ink or markers. What an amazing idea don't you think! Revamping old or unusable DSP is just an amazing idea. I love creative minds!
I am so out of crafting ideas of my own lately (Moving / Packing/ Sorting) as so many other things are in my head.
Here is a card I made using one of her ideas/techniques.

I took a few liberties and added my own little twist with Crystal Effects (I think). I cut out a flower and painted the inside petals with a Not Quite Navy Marker and then added Crystal Effects to add some shine to the paper and the flower. I did this to a few of the DSP flowers too. I also put a piece of Not Quite Navy CS in the new Embossing folder (Flower Garden) and ran it through Mr Big Shot (as my BFF Carey calls it)  I then placed the flower over the embossed panel and adhered it with Stampin' dimensional's.
Oh!!! Looks like I did not tape the sentiment down lolol. There is a little "a note for you" sentiment that is supposed to go on the lower left hand corner of the card. (oops!)
I am going to leave it this way, as it is a Swap Club Card and I do not want to spoil the whole suprise. The inside is also decorated. If any of my swap gals are reading this you will just have to wait to get yours in the mail (SMILE).

Now it is your turn to go and create something fun!!!!

1 comment:

Carey said...

I like, I like. When I read "Looks like I did not tape the sentiment down" I was thinking what sentiment are we talking about? Am I missing something besides my sanity and my brains? I love it and all the special effects. Isn't Sharon's blog great? I always learn something over there. I wish I could come out in the heat you are having and help you move---NOT. Oh I hate moving with a passion but I would help since you helped me. Love ya bunches.

Carey and the furry and shedding one