Friday, May 27, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Hop

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

My goodness packing is such a pain! I have finished 90% of the house and I am currently working on the Stamping Studio. 2 days in here and it doesn't even look like I put a dent in it!!! I haven't even gotten to the paper, stamps and ink yet!!! My honey is really going to wonder what all the boxes marked Craft Room really contain lolol. Oops looks like the jig is up hahahah!!!

We will find out tomorrow when the exact move in date will be. It depends when the work is completed on the new place. Pray for the 10th of June but I doubt it! Jeff wants it to be next weekend, but really I could use more time !
I will keep you posted.

What do you say, lets get on with the Blog Hop!
Our sketch this week is from our very talented Tina Taves. I made two cards but I tore up the first one and started over completely. I am so out of practice. I think I have made 4 cards in the last 3 weeks YIKES!!!! I know all will be better by the 2nd week in June! If I can dig out all my crafting stuff that is.
Here is the Tina's sketch
and here is my second try!
I used the new Designer Series Paper and the stamp set from the Summer Mini called Nautical Expedition and The Open Sea stamp set. I also added a bit of Glitter to the ocean but you really can not see it from this photo.  In addition to the above I used Real Red 1/4 Gross Grain Ribbon, misc Brads, the Modern Label Punch and the Circle #2 Die. I highlighted the edges of the DSP with Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler.
I just copied the ship on the inside.
That's it for me for this week. Please go on over to see what Robbie Rubala has in store for us http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/. I know it will be something amazing. Please do post any samples you have made from this sketch to our website. We really do enjoy viewing what you have created! http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend and make some time to create something fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, your card is gorgeous! that ship is sooo cool!!

Second--you should have come up with a "code word" for your stamp boxes!! haha!!!

inkedx2 said...

Great card Patrice! Remember the craft room boxes have priority for unpacking! lol

Robbie

Deb said...

This is gorgeous! I love how all the elements go together perfectly! You nailed it!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card Patrice! We all have those moments every now and then-now matter what all is going on! This one is great!!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is lovely!