Wednesday, June 22, 2011

First day of Summer @ 104 Degrees

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Oh My Goodness!! It's over 100 again today! Yesterday was the first day of Summer and it was 104 degrees or better YIKES!
Today isn't any cooler either. We were watching TV last night and the newscaster said the South was raining. What the heck is that all about?
My Honey said he likes June Gloom, I'm beginning to agree with him as it is was a nice break from this heat!

I made a Refreshing card for us today it has lot's of blues and water texture to it.
I think it looks better in person. I am working with a new fixture to take pictures  in and it just isn't giving me the look I want? I'll keep working on it.

Supplies used:
Aqua Painter, Mini Pearls, Rose Red DSP , Not Quite Navy CS and Ink, Natural White CS. Stays on Ink, Crystal Effects, Bashful Blue and Pretty in Pink Ink, Stampin' Dimensionals, On The Grow Stamp Set.
 I stamped 2 images of the flower vase and painted several flowers on one of the images in a darker blue ink then added Crystal Effects to the flowers so they would be shiny and let that dry.
The second image, I colored and added shading to the vase and the leaves. Then I colored the remaining flowers in a lighter blue with a touch of pink in the centers. Once the 1st images darker flowers were dry I cut them out and attached them to the front of the lighter flowers with CE.
Next, I cut out the second image and attached it to a separate piece of Natural White CS and lifted it with SD. I try to shade the outside of card stock to give it another dimension so I did that to all of my layers. Attach that piece to a very narrow piece of Rose Red DSP for some POP and attach the Rose Red piece to another piece of Natural White CS. Finally, I attached those pieces to a Not Quite Navy piece of CS and then attached all of that to the Natural White Card Base. Once completed, I stamped the sentiments and the inside picture. To complete my card I added a few mini pearls to some flowers and the sentiment. There you have it.

Thank you for stopping by today, stay cool and be safe. Now go create something fun for yourself.


2 comments:

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love how you popped up the flowers.

Carla said...

Lady, this is gorgeous!!! I love it and your coloring is so pretty!!! I really like how you snipped and popped the flowers!

I relate to the June Gloom, we had a heat wave and tons of humidity and now the high for today was in the lower seventies. How odd.

Hugs,