Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Hop

Hello my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yes it is Sketch Frenzy Friday already! This week flew by so quickly I could barely keep up with it.
Sharon Fiend is the creator of this weeks Sketch and it is a really good one. I am so sad to see Sharon leave our Design Team, but she has great new adventures ahead of her. I wish her the best of luck in her new endeavors and much success in the future. You will be missed Sharon!
 And this is what I came up with:
I really like doing Sketch Challenges because you get to take the basic sketch and do with it as you like. The stamp set comes with one little flower. The inspiration came to me as a hydrangea flower so I had to add a bunch of those little flowers together. How do you think I did?
I even did a little something to the inside of the card. I really like the rich color of the Concord Crush!

Here are the supplies I used for this card.
Stamp Sets were Just Because and a new Hostess set called Faith in Nature. I really like both of these stamp sets. I used one of the New In Colors Concord Crush for the base of the card. Inks used were Perfect Plum and Rich Razzleberry & Elegant Eggplant. Additional card stock Whisper White, Old Olive, Accessories Polka Dot and the Framed Tulip Impression Folders. Organza Ribbon for the Bow. Basic Rhinestones for a bit of Glitz
.
I used the Masking Technique that Sharon Demonstrated last week on her card to get the hydrangea effect. Great Minds Think  alike Sharon. I made my card last week too.
Thanks for the tutorial link Sharon. Please visit  Beate Johns from Split Coast Stampers http://splitcoaststampers.com/    She has a great video on Masking. It took me years to get it right and I still have to work on it very hard every time I attempt it lolol. I hope you like my card, It was a Work of Love that's for sure.

Please take a moment and give this sketch a try. We would love to see your creation on our homepage
http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Now you are off to Robbie Rubula's beautiful creation http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
Have a great weekend everyone. Now it is your turn to go and create something fun.

4 comments:

craftystamper said...

Another great card Patricia.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Deb said...

This is SO cool! I would never have thought to do this! Very clever!!

Carey said...

Excellent work Miss Patrice! I hope your week is going great.

Carey and Roscoe