Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge SQSC15

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I had a few minutes today to participate in a sketch challenge from Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenges
http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/

Here is their sketch,  it is quite involved and was a good challenge for me.
Here is my submission.
When I saw this sketch I imagined a beautiful wreath. I didn't have any red glitter paper so I made my own by using Versa Mark, Heat and Stick Powder and Red Glitter all from Stampin Up. I punched several dozen leaves in four different greens from the Build a Bird Punch to make the Wreath added 5 Rhinestones for some additional bling. The Make Merry was embossed with Cherry Cobbler embossing powder. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did in making it! Too bad you can not see all the shimmer it is really a very pretty card. I may make this as my family Christmas card?

I hope you were as inspired by this sketch as I was and find some time today to create something fun.

5 comments:

tengrrl said...

Love the wreath that you used around the focal circle on this card. It's wonderful. Another one of those things you can't really accomplish with the My Digital Studio software.

Carey said...

Most beautimous!! I am spending waaay too much time on the internet looking at all the gorgeous things this time of year. I wish I was closer to see how you decorated the new house. I love the way you do things up at Christmas time.

Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

patrice, i love how you continued the red and green color scheme through out your card! (pattern paper and wreath). I love how the polka dots add that extra visual interest to your card! thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Patrice! Love how you used different shades of green in your wreath. TFS!

Anonymous said...

I love this it is so pretty! and talk about some work! OUTSTANDING! Oh and Congrats!! You have been chosen to be spotlighted this week on the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge blog! You can pick up your "I've been featured" badge here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2011/12/sqsc-15-spotlights.html

Thanks again for playing along with us! I cant wait to see what you create next!

Inky Hugs,
Cristena