Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sketch Frenzy Friday 12-16-11

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Brother, where did this week go?  It always gets so busy at this time of the year. We hardly have time to sit and enjoy it. Well I am just a few hours away from being done with the house. I have put all the X-Mas boxes away and just have a few more finishing touches to go before I can say I am DONE!

But, in the mean time I have a cool card for you today. It's Sketch Frenzy Friday and my turn to create the sketch for this week. This is what I came up with.
In keeping with this Holiday Season I went really festive. I used My Digital Studio for this sketch. I think it would make a fun Christmas card to send out as it is.

Here is what I created (I almost made an exact copy but thought that would be cheating lololol)
I stamped the poinsettia image in VersaMark and used our amazing SU Cherry Cobbler embossing powder to make them super shiny, then I cut them out. I alternated the flowers high and low with dimensional by using two demsionals on one flower then only one for the next flower. Here is a side view of the card. I think a visual sometimes help .

The Build a Bird punch comes in very handy for leaves. I used the Scallop Circle Die for the background item and punched circles in each of the loops with the 1/8 " hand held punch. I think it gave it a interesting look. For the ribbon treatment I punched a row of the scallop border and cut it a bit thick so I could add a strip of Old Olive 1/8" ribbon to it. I think it made a nice effect. To add some bling I used rhinestones to the center of each of the flowers.

Then to finish off the card I did a little extra to the inside.
That's it for this card. Now your off to visit Robbie Rubula and see what she has in store for us http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/      I know you are going to love what she has created it is too cute as I took a sneak peek! If you would like to try your hand at this sketch please make sure you show it to us and down load your creation to our blog http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/.

I hope you all have a great weekend and find some time during this busy holiday to create something fun!

5 comments:

Carey said...

Absolutely fabulous. You are so imaginative my friend. I love this. Where did you get the pointsettia image? I am not sure I recognize it.

Carey and Roscoe (who is clean tonight since daddy was supposed to give him a bath)

Deb said...

This is really beautiful! I love your wreath and all the dimension! Great sketch this week, too!

Anonymous said...

That wreath is so pretty! Great job! Loved the sketch this week!

inkedx2 said...

Love your card! That poinsettia is awesome. Thanks for a great sketch.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

This is a really beautiful card, and I love the dimensional flowers. Great job!