Friday, February 24, 2012

Freshly Made #23 & Try Stampin on Tuesdays #54


Hi everyone I 'm back with a couple more cards. If you just popped in I hope you are all well and happy!

Freshly Made Sketches #23 had a really fun sketch challenge this week. http://www.freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com See what I mean isn't it great. The three little squares were a fun challenge. I also like that the focal images were offset. That's what made it so fun and different.
  
  I had fun playing around with the Fabulous Florets stamp set from SU. Here is what I came up with;

Another bright and cheery card to celebrate this glorious day we had. Can you tell that I used the Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder? It really made the floral images pop in real life. The DSP is unfortunately retired, it was from a Mini Catalog last summer I believe. I just can't find it at the moment. Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla and Tangerine Tango CS. Here is a look at the inside;
The yellow pattern is the flip side of the background paper on the front of the card. Well that's it, another spring time card for us to enjoy. At least I can appreciate the beautiful days that we are given in between the storms.


The next card was inspired by a CAS Sketch with Try Stampin on Tuesdays #54 http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com
I have never played along with this group before, but their sketch caught my eye. This is what I came up with.
I tried something new on this card. I cut a piece if thin Burlap and used a Framelit Label one size larger than my stamped image and ran it through the Big Shot. I was surprised to see that it worked fairly well. Although it did not cut entirely through the material it left a very nice impression which enabled me to cut around what parts did not cut. Oh, and I used mainly SU products to create this card. Here is a look at the inside. I just love the Nature Walk Stamp Set. I have used it several times this week.
 I cannot for get to mention another one of my top 10 go to sets, Just Believe. The markers used to color in the flowers were, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Garden Green and Old Olive. I pulled out some retired colors for this one. That's all there is to it.
Tomorrow I have a few more challenges to catch up on. I am feeling much better can you tell!


Thanks for stopping by have a great weekend! I hope you find some time to create too!
Patrice

13 comments:

Simple homemade living said...

Your card is beautiful. The image is lovely.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit try stampin on tuesday x

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... what a great way to showcase those Fabulous Florets ... love the trio of poppies and your colour combo is so fresh and vibrant ... love it!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

Both of these are so pretty. The first has such happy colors! The burlap is so great on the second. Glad to see you this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

These are so pretty. The tangerine tango embossing powder is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deb said...

Love how you used the Framelits. Very nice card. Thanks for playing alond at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Nancy Seed said...

Love the way you encorporated the fabric. Thanks for playing along at TST.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful cards! Love that Tangerine Tango!

Carey said...

Have I missed this many posts? I thought I was here on Friday but there are a bunch of things that I missed. It looks like you are having a wonderfully creative weekend. The daffodils are starting to bloom since it has been warm off and on here. I know I have been a little chatty here. I love your cards and the fun you bring me.

Carey and Roscoe

My Creative Side said...

Love the colors! Beautiful card!!!!

My Creative Side said...

Love the colors! Beautiful card!!!!

Rita W said...

Great take on the sketch! I love the way you used the flowers from that set! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Glenda Calkins said...

Love the Burlap with the Framelit! I'm going to be casing this card for sure. Thanks for playing along with the TSOT sketch challenges.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love the burlap background! Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin.