Friday, February 24, 2012

Merry Monday #8 and SQSC #27

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy and ready for a great weekend!

I had the entire day to my self and I played. I soooo needed this, just a me day!
I got caught up on a few sketch challenges but I have a few more to go so I will be short.

The first one was my DH's favorite because the water coloring came out so nicely! This card was inspired by a sketch challenge from Lesley over at Always Playing with Paper (me too lololol) It is for the Merry Mondays group http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/2012/02/merry-monday-challenge-8.html. If this is your first visit here a bunch of us are working on getting a jump start on our Christmas Cards. So far we have created 7 cards and now we are on week #8.
Here is Lesley's sketch.
I thought about this sketch for several days before I came up with my card. Let me know what you think OK!

The stamp sets are from Stampin' Up and Close to My Heart. The Card Stock, Ink and the Corner Rounder Punch are  from Stampin' Up! The town is Bethlehem. Here is a look at the inside. I let the sentiment say it all.


The second card was inspired by the Stampin Queens Sketch Challenge #27 http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha
This was such a fun sketch to play with. I really enjoyed myself while I was working on this card. Thanks Ladies, you did good!

Earlier, I was out in the garden watering. I saw that some flowers are staring to bloom and my grapes are budding. I love that light green color of new leaves. Spring is just around the corner I could feel and see it. Do you believe it was in the 80's today and not a cloud in the sky!
Because I was so inspired, I had to make "thank you" card that included flowers that were sunny and bright just like today!
Even the inside got dressed up!
 This card was created using all Stampin' Up products.

I better get going I have more to post. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.
Patrice



5 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful cards Patrice, love the bright colors and love that house card too!

Shelia said...

all of your cards are so pretty. I really like the Bethlehem one. That is an awesome image and you've colored it so beautifully!

Lesley said...

What a beautifully coloured image Patrice. The Bethlehem scene is lovely. I love the CAS look you created.

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful cards. Well done.

Carey said...

Beautiful. Where did you get the ribbon on the second card?

Carey and Roscoe