Saturday, February 25, 2012

Red Hot Stampers #24 & Bloggers Challenge

Hi again. If this is you first stop in today please check out the last post too.  Hope you are having a great weekend.

Like the last post I again combined two challenges into one card. The first challenge is from the Red Hot Stampers http://www.redhotstampers.blogspot.com/ I  am so glad I saw that Robbie Rubula visited this site. I really do like their sketches. Here is this weeks sketch challenge.
This is what I came up with;


The fun thing about this card is that I found some Acetate Polka Dot DSP and a scrap of larger polka dot DSP that I thought would pair up nicely. I punched out three scalloped circles with the Acetate and then mounted those Acetate flowers onto Whisper White CS so that the polka dots would really show up. I then punched 3 1" circles in red and black for the centers. I tried to make them look like contemporary daisies or maybe even sunflowers.

The second part of the card was a Color Challenge from the Bloggers Challenge   over at Lisa Somerville's blog http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/02/bloggers-challenge-color-challenge.html . We were to make a red, black and white card. I thought it would be interesting to see a shot of the shin from the Acetate as it gives the card a little extra bit of a Wow factor!
Here is a look at the inside

I used a SU Hostess stamp set Happiest Birthday Wishes and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, the Word Window, the Corner Rounder, Scallop Circle and the 1" Circle Punches to create this card.
(I was too late for Our Creative Corner's last weeks challenge, but I will try again this coming week. It looks like a great challenge too).

Here are two Wonderful Challenges to get inspired by. Now it is your turn to go and create something fun!
Have a great weekend!
Patrice

7 comments:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love your card Patrice, too cute!!

Carey said...

Really cute!!

BFF in MO
BTW I HATE the new way to check to see if I am a robot. It takes me two or three times to get it right. That being I notice it doesn't have that black and white way today. Yeah

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card, Patrice! What a great idea to use the acetate!

Evelyn S. said...

This is such a delightful card! Love those acetate flowers.

Basement Stamper said...

very cute, love the punched flowers. Thanks for joining us at blogger's challenge this week.

Glenda Calkins said...

What a Great Card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Red Hot Stampers Sketch Challenge.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute BD card - wonderful use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!