Saturday, April 7, 2012

Something for Saturday

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's Hot, Hot, Hot today. It has to be in the high 80's Yikes. I made a mad dash out in the garden earlier to water my thirsty garden. The heat is one sure way to cook my flowers. No Way Jose'. They are doing so good I want to keep the blooms fresh for as long as possible.

After I came in I managed to finish a card I have been working on and create second one.
This is a close up of all the fun embellishments I added to the card.
I used the Acrylic Paint Distress Resist Technique. Believe it or not the pink Label was die cut on white card stock. I painted it with a light pink paint let it dry (with heat tool) and then sanded it until the white of the card stock showed up  the way I wanted it to. Then I used a Distressed Ink  Pad to wipe across the Label to pick up the brown ink. There are a few more steps but the best way to reproduce this great technique is to check out a  video by Beate over at Split Coast Stampers and see how she did  this technique. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/acrylicdistress
No sense in reproducing a great tutorial.
Here is a look at the inside

Now for the second card
I had such fun making this one too. I used various markers to color in the floral stamp and then cut it out and glued it on to the Marina Mist card stock that was die cut with a Label Die. Then I ran it through the Big Shot with a Lattic Die. This technique embosses the two pieces together. I made a bunch of flowers punched with the Boho Blossoms Punch. made two banners from the remaining embossed card stock. I added some pearls and embossed and die cut the edge with the Edgelit Die and Textured Edge Folder they  match perfectly. I think combining the two really makes a nice statement. I huffed on the stamped image to give the inside a second generation image.
Here is a look at the inside.
I hope you all have a great weekend and find some time to create something fun.
Patrice

2 comments:

Carey said...

Happy Easter my friend. I love the cards (as usual). Give all my friends in CA a big hug from me.

Carey and Roscoe

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards Patrice! I love the texture and the vintage designs! Thanks for the link to Beate's tutorial!