Sunday, May 13, 2012

VC Rocks Weekly Challenge #2

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

First off Happy Mothers Day everyone. I'm spending it in my studio with my honey. The window's are open, I can see my beautiful garden and there is a light breeze. We are listing to music and I am playing. I got a hold of the new SU Catty last night and boy are you all going to be so happy! Lots of stamp sets from the Mini's are returning in the new Catty and some of the older stamp sets have even been added as clear mount options. What you say that's right! Jeff my honey is BBQing and all is well. I couldn't be happier. I hope you too are having a wonderful Mothers Day.

This week over at VC Rocks Ellen Kemper gave us a really fun challenge. The challenge is to put Doodle marks on your card, 3D or scrapbook page. You can put a lot or a little, just doodle!

I really do not use this technique enough because I really like to doodle. You should see my Legal Pad lololol it is full of doodle marks. I do my best doodling when I am on the phone (Smile).

I used the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set, a black Stampin' Write Journaler, Tempting Turquoise CS and 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.
Here is a close up. The Masking technique really came in handy for making the bouquet.
I found making this card was actually very therapeutic. You simply put pen to paper and doodle. There are no mistakes using this technique, because if you do happen to make a mistake you just go with it and doodle over the mistake. No one will ever notice that's the fun of it. It is mistake Proof.

Here is a close up of the inside.


Have a great Mothers Day and I hope you find some time to do what you want to do.
Chat Soon , Patrice

2 comments:

craftystamper said...

What a great doodler you are. It really must have taken you all day. Wow!

Carey said...

Happy day after Mother's Day my friend. You knocked this Challenge out of the ball park. WTG my dear friend.

Carey and Roscoe