Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 6/8/12

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy.

Hi and welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday's Mini Blog Hop I am glad you are here. What did you think of Crafty Maria's beautiful card. I so love her work!
Today's fun sketch was designed by Tammy Fite. I looked at this sketch for several days trying to decide which way I wanted to go with it. This sketch has loads of potential.
This is what I came up with. I went soooo way out of my comfort box with these colors. But I love them together. I even pulled a bunch of these colors together for another swap card I have to make.
I kept pretty much to the sketch with the exception of the additional layer of white CS behind the three panels. They just did not POP with out it!
I ran the panels one each through the Lattice, Polka Dot and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folders. I used Melon Mambo for the card base and one of the panels as well as Regal Rose and Rich Razzelberry CS. The background piece is Night of Navy. Boho Blossoms Punch for the flowers and the Bird Punch for the white leaves. Oh, I almost forgot the half pearls. A girls gotta have some bling right!
This card is really quite striking in person if I do say so myself lolololo.
Here is a shot of the inside too.
I kept it very clean because I am not sure if I want to keep this as a note card or one with a sentiment added?
That's all there is for me today. I sure hope you get a chance to create something fun too.
Your next stop on our Mini Blog Hop is to visit the uber talented Robbie Rubula over at http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
If you would like to try your hand at  creating a card from this sketch please upload your card to our homepage at http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Please come back anytime and don't forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think about me stepping out of the box lollollol.
Chat soon,
Patrice

4 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Patricia, what a clever idea. I love the different shades of pink. How pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors--they're so pretty! and the flower "bow" is perfect!!

craftystamper said...

Clever card. Of course I love all your cards. You are so talented.

Carey said...

This is great and I love the colors. Great job my BFF.

Carey and Roscoe