Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hello, It's been awhile. Magnet Project

Hi my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy.

I made these cute magnets the other day and thought I would share them with you. I have been off the radar for awhile lately and wanted to just check in. I will also have my SFF post ready for you tomorrow too so come back OK.



These are really fun  and very easy to make.
Here is the photo of the back with the magnet strips, and a look at the side view that shows how the cloths pins are positioned. I used tacky strip to secure everything to the covered cardboard and clothepins. I found that if I use some extra heavy cardboard to make the backing it holds up much better.

For the embellishments, I made some fun charms and added a few decorative beads. I colored the baby clothespins by dabbing them with ink. I put a few different sizes of butterflies randomly on the front. Add a tag and a twine bow to makes this an extra special and a very fun gift. If you match it with a card that will make it even more special. Oh yah, a strip of Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border fits perfectly over the clothespins by the way.
I am not the originator of this project. I received one as a gift last year. Believe it was copied from a project out of the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up Catalog.

Hope you have a great day and  and get a bit of inspiration from these cute little magnets. Give them a try they are really easy to make!
Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: