Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 08-10-12

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's Hot, Hot, Hot! Over 100 all week long! 109, 110, 107 , I  hope you are all keeping cool and taking it easy during this heat wave.

Yikes! My poor little patch of dirt is cooking! I am from the school of thought for the survival of the fittest but a little water goes a long way in a garden that's for sure. We will have to see what makes it after this heat wave.

School has started here and I only have to work 2 part time days per week. I'm very happy about that because now I can get back to blogging and having more time in my craft room. Speaking of being in the craft room our sketch this week is from our very talented Sharon Wheet. Take a look at this beauty.


This is what I came up with
I used the large Framelits-Apothecary Accents Die turned it sideways and trimmed it down. I used the Comfort Cafe DSP for the background piece.I am really enjoying the "From My Heart" stamp set. I used it for the focal image and the sentiment  on the inside. This set has endless possibilities for it's uses.The Early Espresso background piece was ran through the Big Shot with the Fancy Fan Textured Impression Embossing Folder. A Cherry Cobbler scrap was made by punching the edges with the Decorative Label Punch and stamping the swirl image from Elements of style in VersaMark. A few pearls and a 3 loop bow of Bakers Twine makes this card a real beauty.
Here is a look at the inside
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I sure hope you find some time to create something fun a well.
Your next stop on our mini blog hop it to visit the very talented Robbie Rubula http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
If you would like to try your hand at this amazing sketch please show us your creation our homepage is here
http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Deb said...

This is just lovely, Patrice!! I love the colors and all the layering! Beautiful job!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card! Love the layering and your pearls!

Carey said...

This is fantastic. I love what you have done. Anythng new with you?

Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

Patrice, what a beautiful card. Love the dark colors and the way you did the sentiment stamp. Love the layered look!
you did a fabulous job with my sketch!