Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 08/03/12

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Do you have something good planned for your weekend? We are just going to kick back and do nothing!!!!! Yippee. I need a break that's for sure. How about you ? School starts here next week so I will only be working part time thank goodness. I am not used to working so much, it was fun and I will probably miss my little companion. Maybe I can start to spend a lot more time in the craft room again! Doesn't that sound like heaven (BIG SMILE).

This weeks sketch was created by Robbie Rubula and it was a good one. Here is a look at it.

I have a great idea, why don't you join us and let us see what you come up with too????

Here is my card
I just loved this sketch. The little curled edges made me feel like I was turning  pages in a book. I needed a card for a girlfriend so the sentiment "My Friend" from the stamp set buy the same name came in handy. I used several pieces from this set on the card. I also used one of my favorite sentiments from the "Blessings from Heaven" stamp set. I featured two of our the new SU in colors Gumball Green and Midnight Muse CS as well as Early Espresso and Crumb Cake regular CS. I added a touch of Midnight Muse ink to the Antique Brad to try to soften the white in the brad, in person it looks better I think! The butterflies gives the card a whimsical look. I'm not sure if you can see it or not but I did use VersaMark on the background images and even added Gold Embossing Powder to the dew drop image. I liked how that gave it a little extra special touch.

Next is a look at the inside.
That's all there is to it.
I hope you find some time to create something fun yourself and if you do remember we would love to see your work! Please upload a photo of your card to our homepage here http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
Don't forget to visit Robbie over at her blog http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
and give her some love.

2 comments:

craftystamper said...

A very special card indeed my friend. You did a marvelous job.

Kim Innis said...

Great card Patrice!!!