Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sketch Frenzy Friday 08/31/12

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Mom is resting comfortably now. She went in for her 3rd surgery on that darn left shoulder. "It was a mess" the Dr. said. The infection destroyed much of the tissue and muscle in her shoulder but, he said in time much of it will repair it's self. They took out all of the replacement parts that were cemented in to the shoulder but in doing so he broke the top of the shoulder bone. We knew that may happen. He cleaned out the infected tissue as best he could but said he may have to go in 2-3 more times before it all gets cleared up. She will not be able to move or lift her arm up and down but will have use of her elbow and hand. If the muscles do grow back she may be able to move the arm enough to be somewhat useful. She is so cute, she said "You mean I won't be able to curl my hair"?

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, this has been a very long haul for her. I pray it is over and she will recover quickly. Thanks for listening.

Now own to our Mini Blog Hop!

Tammy Fite is this weeks sketch designer and boy is it a good one! I had no idea what I was going to make. not even a clue. Sometimes I think cards make themselves and it just came together.
I really liked how my card turned out! I don't say that often. Sometimes a card just Pops and I think this one did that. I played with a lot of different color combinations and settled on this one.

Pool Party, Island Indigo and Calypso Coral they are last years SU In-Colors. I paired it with a piece of the International Bazaar DSP. Under the sentiment I added a half piece of the Lattice Die and one of the the new Apothecary Accent Framelit pieces. I punched out For You with the Large Oval and mounted it with dimensional. I really like how it turned out. I hope you do too!

Here is the inside.
This card feels fun and cheery. The inside sentiment is from the From My Heart stamp set.

Your next stop on our blog hop will be to visit the amazing Robbie Rubula over at http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/
We would love to see what you create from this sketch so please show us. You can download it onto our main page here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend and I hope you find some time to create something fun!
I am posting early because I am going to visit my mom tomorrow!

Chat soon,
Patrice

7 comments:

Carey said...

This kicks behind. The colors are great and how you used the DSP and your Mr. Big Shot stuff is great. I am proud. Say hey to mom for me and tell her I am thinking of her.

Carey and Roscoe

Deb said...

WOW!! I do love how this one turned out!! What a genius idea to use part of the lattice die! It adds so much interest! And I love these colors! I hope your mom gets to feeling better. I will definitely keep her in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like how it turned out, too! That lattice piece looks great!

craftystamper said...

I like how this turned out as well. You have great imagination and creativity. Hope your mom recovers soon, but like you said, it looks like it will be a long road. My prayers are with you all.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Very pretty Patrice! Love the color combo and all the elements you combined!!

inkedx2 said...

Ohhhh love this card! The colors are perfect! Great paper.

Sharon Wheet said...

Patricia, what a fabulous card. I love the way you embellished your card. And the color combo is fresh and lovely to look at.
Have a great week. Hugs, Sharon w