Monday, February 25, 2013

A little something for you today!

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you well and happy!

I finally figured out how to put a watermark on my cards. I have been using a new photo editing app called  Pixlr. It is very different from my last app so it took some getting used to. I hate learning curves!

I just got on Pinterest OMG! I could look around there for hours!!! I saw a ladies work that I thought was just amazing but when I went back so I could give her credit and I couldn't find her? Note to self Pin It? If you are she or know who she is please let me know and I will give you the credit you deserve! I think she called it water coloring on a printed paper?

Here is my take on this style.

I don't know if she embossed her image prior to water coloring, but I did. I used Black Embossing Powder for that because I wanted to keep the colors inside the flowers and not let it run. I did add a bit of white gel pen to the center of the flower to highlight the stamens that really makes the black pop!.

Here is the inside.
 I used The Pursuit of Happiness, Blooming Marvelous and the Fabulous Florets stamp sets to create images. I used some of the Ribbon from the SAB items to make the bow. I love Naturals Ivory Card Stock, Basic Black and First Edition Specialty DSP together.
I used Tangerine Tango classic ink on the flower. All I did was slowly add layers of color from top to center. I let the ink dry with each layering so as to not mess up the DSP.

That's it for today's card. Hope you like it and you were inspired to try it!

I have a really fun card to share with you tomorrow so come back ok.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: