Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Now the Chalk Board Technique

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I was blog hopping the other day and landed at Sandi McIvers blog. She had the greatest tutorial on how to make the chalk board tech http://stampingwithsandi.com/vintage-verses-chalkboard-technique/
I tried to get you the link but looks like I did something wrong? Go to her blog and look up chalkboard tech or Vintage Verses that will get you to the video.

Here is Sandi's card
Here is my card

In short the technique has an amazing effect but it is super simple to do!
Take a piece of black card stock and stamp an image in White Craft ink. Let Dry completely.
Then sponge a bit of the White Craft ink over the front of the card until it looks like a messy chalk board. I don't think I took a very good picture with my camera, because it doesn't look like the card in person.
I used water color pencils to color in the flowers and the image.Then used a Gel-Pen and a ruler to make the white edges.

I hope you look up Sandi's blog and see her video.

Well that's it for today I sure hope you get a chance to try this technique it is super simple to do.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: