Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sketch Frenzy Friday 4/5/13

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's supposed to rain today boo! We were starting to get some sun this week, but it still remains very, very cold. I think it is because it's been so windy. Spring is on the way so I remain hopeful. I see buds on the trees and bushes and the grass is starting to green up and daffodils are popping up everywhere. I can't wait to get my fingers in the garden. In California all of my Iris's would have been blooming by now. I'm going to have to call back home and check on them.

But until Spring finally decides to stick around at least we have Sketch Frenzy Fridays weekly sketch to keep us busy!
This weeks sketch was designed by our very talented Robbie Rubula. Here is what she came up with.





I love this sketch and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! Sometimes I wish all cards could make  themselves that easily. No fuss, no muss lololol.

Here is what I came up with.


The only change I made to this sketch was turning it on it's side. I love this background paper it reminds me of vintage wallpaper. I have been waiting to use these beautiful roses and thought that they would look really good paired with the vintage feel of the DSP. I think the touch of black really makes them pop!

Here is a look at the inside. 


I decided not to add a sentiment until I know what I am going to use the card for. I just dressed it up a bit to match the front.

Stampin' Up supplies used to make this card are as follows.

Card Stock- Whisper White, Basic Black 
Designer Series Paper (DSP)- Print Poetry
Embossing Folder- Lacy Brocade
Artisan Embellishment Kit

Thats it, a really easy yet beautiful card made in no time flat. Isn't it amazing what a great sketch can do for a card.

I hope you too find time this week to create something fun. We would love to see your creation so just download it on to our home page here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/   

Have a great week and we will chat soon.
Patrice

4 comments:

Deb said...

What a great way to interpret the sketch! Love those flowers on the dsp! And that black just makes it all so elegant! Beautiful!!

Carey said...

Lovin it. Roscoe and I especially love the red, black and white. Roscoe says though to be absolutely gorgeous it should be black, white, with a bit of tan. This from a guy of those colors.

Hugs Carey and Roscoe

Sharon Wheet said...

Patrice, I have to agree, the pattern paper does look like vintage wallpaper! and I love how you paired the resin flowers with the pattern paper. Very beautiful! and love how the black gives the card an elegant touch.

I hope you have wonderful weekend. hugs, sharon w.

Kim Innis said...

Very elegant. I love the Artisan embellishments and the DSP.