Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 2/14/14 Valentines Day

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

                         Happy Valentines Day to you all!!

I'm actually a bit spoiled my Honey Jeff gives me Valentines Day Presents all year long. He is always bringing me home some nice gift or thoughtful item. He remembers if I say in passing I like this or that and low and behold it shows up on my desk. I am blessed to have found him. I know I am loved and he knows that I love him too! He is the nicest man I have ever met. We have been through a lot in the last 9 years and every time we come through a tough time we become closer and more bonded. I thank God every day for my "Big Strong Man" so I made this card for him! OK, OK enough of the mushy stuff...On with the reason you are really here smile!

It's SFF time and we have another fantastic sketch to create with today. It was designed by Heidi Michel, and here it is!




This is what I came up with,




A fancy Valentine for my Honey. I used the Hearts a Flutter Dies to cut out a large heart from SU Silver Gilmmer Paper, a couple banners and a little red heart. I attached a bunch of Rhinestones to the little red heart for some extra Bling! I attached a ruffle to the back of the large heart by sewing a loose seam through the edge of our Organza Ribbon and then pulling on it until it formed a ruffle. I attached the ruffle to the back of the large heart with a piece of SU Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets. To pop it up I used a few Stampin Dimentionals.There are two banner pieces to make the arrow. They were embossed with clear embossing powder to make them shiny.The background piece of Real Red and Basic Black was ran through the Big Shot Machine using the Framed Tulip Embossing Folder. The "with Love" sentiment is from the Field Flowers stamp set.

Now here is a look at the inside,

I made a couple more banners and punched a red heart that I cut in half and then placed a white large oval punched piece which I stamped the wonderful sentiment from the "Field Flowers" stamp set . Well that's it for today. I hope you find some time to create something fun too.

My thoughts and prayers are with those of us who got hit by the snow storm. We got over 18 " of snow. Thank God our neighbour had access to a tractor with a plough as we would never have dug out of this one!!!! Thanks Bo. I hope you are all safe and warm.

We would love to see what you come up with from this sketch. Please post it on our blog here so we can see it;  http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Chat soon,
Patrice

Thanks for stopping by today and for playing along too. 

6 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Patrice, you did an amazing job on your honey's valentine!! Very nice!!
txjennywren.blogspot.com

KathyC said...

Love the inside of your card, too! Love the sparkly outside!

KathyC said...

Love the sparkly outside and the inside too!

Elizabeth said...

Just gorgeous, Patrice!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Great card and what a great husband, you're very lucky!

Carey said...

Great job. I bet he LOVED it. He is a pretty special guy isn't he!! But then you are special and deserve him.

Carey and Roscoe (who loved the snow)