Friday, April 4, 2014

Hand Stamped Sentiments HSSSketch Challenge #182

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Update- Jeff went to work today Yeah! He called me at lunch and said he was sore but he was OK. I just hope he didn't over do it and go back too soon!!!

I have all my housework done and have some time to play before he gets home. Another yeah right! I was looking around for some sketch challenges to play on and found one by Hand Stamped Sketches, here is their link.  http://handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com

 What a delightful little sketch it is, just see for yourself.

This is what I came up with;


 I just love the Quarter Fancy DSP. I needed a somewhat large focal image piece to work into the open space of the sketch, so I pulled out a stamp set that I have not used in ages. It is called From My Heart. It is a two box set with four large images and four sentiments. There are endless possibilities for using this set. I turned the Doilie piece to the under side of the sketch for weight and balance. Then I stamped two images, cut two pieces out of one and colored those pieces lightly with a Strawberry Slush Marker and a Blender Pen. Then I mounted those pieces with Stampin Dimentionals on to the second die cut circle piece.  That image was cut out with the Circle #2 die. I also shaded the circle piece slightly for depth. I ran the Strawberry Slush solid piece of card stock and the three banner pieces through the Big Shot with the new Embossing Folder (a SAB item) called Decorative Dots. Adding a few Pearls really dresses up the card.

Here is a look at the inside,


Well that is it for this card I sure hope you like it and give the Hand Stamped Sketch a try. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you too find some time to create something fun today.

Chat soon,
Patrice

5 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!!! Love the color combo!!! Great coloring!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Carey said...

Gosh you have been busy!! I love everything you have done in the past week. Thanks for the update on my buddy. You make my day when I finally have time to get over here and look at your delicious treats. Love to you both, Carey and Roscoe

Erika Clark said...

These are SUCH pretty cards, great job using the sketch! Totally beautiful! Those stamps make the best thank-yous, don't they? Thanks so much for joining in at HSS! Erika

brrenwick said...

Very pretty card! This makes me want to dig out this stamp set and play...thanks for the inspiration and for playing along at HSS!

Krista said...

I love your take on the sketch and great idea to make two awesome cards. You did a great cutting job on that stamped image. THanks for joining us at HSS!