Friday, May 16, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 5/16/14

Hello to all my blogging friends I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Wow, time flies when you are having fun! I am almost done with all the gardening I need to do this spring??? So now I will have lot's more time to stamp. YIPPEE!!!!

But in the mean time I do slip into the studio and create some fun  things!

This weeks sketch was created by Elizabeth. It is a really lovely sketch and can make for really spectacular cards. You should give it a try. Here is Elizabeth's sketch



and this is what I came up with.


I cut out two of the Cup of Tea images with medium Framelit ovals. One just for the sentiment that I colored in and outlined. The second I stamped totally in Strawberry Slush. I cut out the  colored sentiment portion free hand and mounted that with Dimensionals on to the solid colored image. I really felt that this extra step set off the pretty image. I wanted the card to look very delicate (Tea Party-ish) so I added the pretty bow with a little banner in Wisteria Wonder. Lots of Embossing to create a lovely and soft feel to the card. With the addition of a few little pearls on the flowers just set it off nicely.

Now for a peek at the inside.


Supplies I used to create this card.

Card Stock- Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron and Pink Pirouette.

Ink- Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron and Strawberry Slush, Pistashio Pudding and Baked Brown Sugar
Stamp Set- Feels Good and Tea Party.
Framlits- Ovals and Bitty Banners.
Embossing Folder-  Delicate Designs and Fancy Fan.
Misc.- Basic Pearls.

Well that's all there is to it for this week. I hope you do join us and create a card from this sketch. If you do, please add it to our blog here so we can see it! http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/.

Chat soon,
Patrice


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I like a lot!!!! Thank you for sharing.