Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 5/30/14


Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Yippee! It's Friday and that means it's Sketch Frenzy Friday Time!
Stacey Tomkowiak designed our sketch this week and boy it's a fun one. Thanks Stacey!

Here is her sketch,



This is what I cam up with from it,


I have been wanting to use some of my new Stampin' Up goodies that I purchased from the pre-order a few weeks ago. Pre-order purchases are one of the perks of being a Demo (hint hint, hint) Now is a great time to join !!!! Ever since March I felt compelled to try to use up some as much of my retiring items before I tore into my new goodies. But, I couldn't hold out any longer and this sketch was perfect to show off many of my new goodies.

 The DSP is called Maritime  and the Stamp Set is called Sea Street. I wanted to have an aquatic scene  in the background and this paper really helped fill that space. The Night of Navy die cut piece of card stock behind the cute little red octopus really made his image pop! I cut out one of the little flags from the DSP and attached it to one of the octopus tentacles so that the he could wave his Birthday Greeting to the recipient. I think he is such a cheery little fellow.

Now let's take a look at the inside.


I had a few little pieces of DSP left over so, I  added them to the little strip of DSP at the bottom of the inside of the card for additional interest. I also stamped a school of fish behind the Birthday Greeting to give the greeting some dimension.

Supplies I used to create this card.

Card Stock- Whisper White, Real Red and Night of Navy.    

Ink- Real Red Night of Navy and Blushing Bride.
Stamp Set- Sea Street, By The Tide and Itty Bitty Banners.
Framlits- Bitty Banners and Window Frames Collection.

Punch- 3/4" Circle.

That's all there is for this card. I hope you were inspired and get to create a card from this terrific sketch. If so please load it onto our blog we would love to see it! Here is our link  http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/


Have a great week chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: