Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 6/20/14

Hello to all my blogging friends. I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Where has the time gone? I think the summer clock is on over drive! I have been outside in the garden a lot lately. But it has been really hot.
I am so happy for SFF sketches because these sketches really do give me so much pleasure. Just to be able to slip into my craft space and play with ink and paper when I have some free time is such a blessing! And a delightful change of pace!
I was surprised to see that it was my sketch that was to be used for this week. I wasn't expecting that, sohere it is.



This is what I came up with.



This card took me about an hour to create. Really! Sometimes that just happens and this was one of those days??? Especially when I didn't need a particular card and there was no inspiration for it. But I chose the sentiment and the sketch for my inspiration instead "It's time to celebrate".  I'm sure I will have many uses for this card. It is so cheery.
I just love this cute stamp set called "In this together". There three stamps total,  two singular ladies that has a sentiment with each one. Then there is a stamp with two ladies under an umbrella with a cute poodle on a leash, that  also comes with a sentiment.
This little lady is really holding a Martini glass under the cake. I don't particularly like that part of the image so I made a cake out of DSP instead. I would think you could put flowers, animal or a gift in her had if you didn't want to use a Martini to change her up a bit. The options are endless.
 I wanted to keep with the celebration theme, so I added Candy Dots to the background DSP and made three coil streamers out of card stock in-lieu of the bow to add some color and interest to the image.

Now for a look at the inside


This sentiment came from the Bravo stamp set. Most of the images are large and make quite a statement.

Supplies I used to create this card

Card Stock- Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss and Whisper White.
Ink - Bacig Grey and Lost Lagoon.
Markers- Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey Tango Twist.
DSP- Moonlight.
Ribbon- Stitched Satin in Lost Lagoon.
Misc. Candy Dots.
Stamp Sets- Bravo and In this together.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you too find some time to slip into your craft space to create something fun this week. Please use our sketch for inspiration and make sure you let us take a look by adding it to our blog here,
http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com

Have a great week and let's chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

I love how you coordinated the colors in the stamp with the background for this card. Lovely design!