Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 4th of July style

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

                         HAPPY 4th OF JULY AMERICA

I hope you all are enjoying the Holiday and get to see some beautiful Fireworks and have some good old fashion picnic food this evening!

Here is our sketch for this week it was a lot of fun to work with and perfect for Independence Day. Our fearless leader Kimm came up with this weeks sketch. Great job Kimm!




I felt the Patriotic Theme to the sketch but took a bit of an artistic license on my card


I took one of the Pin Wheels from this months Paper Pumpkin and cut it down to fit the card front. The flag was very easy to make, I just cut several scraps of Real Red CS strips and taped them to the front of my Whisper White Card base evenly set apart. Then I cut a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" scrap of Night of Navy and added a bunch of Basic Pearls for stars and put the Pin Wheel sort of off set on the Navy cs. I added a fun Linen Thread five loop bow and some extra strands of thread to look like streamers. I used a piece of the banner from the PP set  and stamped the stars and celebrate in Night of Navy.

Here is a look at the inside. I did not add a sentiment because I am using it as a center piece.



This card has a lot of POP and is very pretty in person. I think I will just keep it up for the weekend and add some more Pin-wheels and Banners to make an arrangement for my kitchen table.

This is a really short post we are watching a couple of our friends children this evening and I have to get dinner started. I hope you all have a fun and safe 4th.

Please play along with us and show us your amazing creation we would love to see it! Just add your card to our blog here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com


Chat soon,
 Patrice

1 comment:

Diana Eichfeld said...

Love how you used the pinwheel as the focal point if this fun and patriotic card