Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 8/15/14


Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

Hope you all had a great week. I did but, I got water in my ears from swimming and I can't hear a darn thing lolol. It is driving Jeff crazy with me saying  hugh? what did you say What...? I am afraid to drive anywhere also because if it, so I have been staying home the last few days. Isn't it funny how much we rely on our hearing for so many things! I am sure I ill dry up shortly but, for now I am in a world all to my self and it is quiet! However, it did gives me a great excuse to get up in the craft room and create and get caught up  on a bunch of projects I had pending!

Here is this weeks sketch that Elizabeth Harris designed for us;


This is what I came up with. I really liked this weeks sketch it has so much potential. You can go in a million different directions with it. Great job Elizabeth!


I had so much fun making this card. I pulled out some Framelits and punches that I haven't used in a while and tried different embossing folders before I found just the right ones that coordinated well together. I love the DSP that I used for the background piece, it has such wonderful bright and bold colors. It is called Flashback, you gotta get some of this I'm telling you! I used an old technique called Scrunched Flowers. Where I misted a punched out flower with water and scrunched it up in my hand. I un-scrunched (I think I just made that word up lol) it a bit and let it dry out. It looks aged a bit when this is done and gives the card/flower added dimension.

Here is a look at the inside, CAS



"You can never have too much happy" that's for sure, and this card made me happy creating it.

Here is a list of the supplies I used to create this card. I haven't set down yet to try to figure out the fancy method of posting my supplies so it's back to the manual way.

Ink- Basic Black
Card Stock- Basic Black, Real Red and Whisper White.
DSP- Flashback
Framelits- Apothecary Accents.
Punches- Blossom, Boho Blossoms and Bird Builder.
Embossing Folder- Fancy Fan.
Stamp Set- Yippee-Skippee
Misc- Large Silver Brad from a PP box.

Thats all from me  for this week. I hope you were inspired and find some time to create something fun for your self. If you do join us please post your card to our blog here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com
we would love to see it!

Have a great week we will chat soon I am sure.

Patrice






1 comment:

Carey said...

Fantastic and beautiful. Bridget and I love your work.

Carey and Roscoe