Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday 8/22/14

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you well and happy!


Happy Friday everyone! I think the rain has stopped for awhile and maybe I can get back into the pool and enjoy the rest of what summer we have left. I had a bout with swimmers ear last week and couldn't hear a darn thing! LOL Jeff was going crazy trying to talk to me lol lol. Is that called seductive hearing-wicked smile!!! ??? But now I am better and I can hear thank goodness too, talk about being in one's on head lol lol One week of that was enough for me!

This week our sketch was designed by Stacey T. and it is a beauty it is!


This week I used a few of the pieces from the Kind of Electic stamp set in the making of my card. I really LOVE this set! I made it bold, bright and beautiful! But, I wasn't happy with it at first and every day I looked at it and said it needs something?????

Here is the first card I came up with;


I felt it was just ok, it had all the elements of the sketch but, I just was not tickled with it. So, today I tore it apart and tweaked it until I was tickled with it. What do you think? Do you like the changes?

  


Ah! Now that makes me feel better. I really do love to dress up cards! I'm not one for the CAS technique yet, it is the current rage and often it is the simpleness that makes it awesome. I like lots of interest and dimension to my cards! So I am torn between creating what is popular rather than doing what is in my heart. This week my hear won out!

I had so much going on this week completing a couple swaps and being a swap hostess oh ya and being sick...that I didn't have a lot of extra time to sort out the Stampin Buddy thing. I really need someone to sit with me and teach me how to do it w/o a DBWS? Maybe, if I move toward being a Business Demo rather than a Hobbyist I will sort that out in the future.

Supplies used to create this card:

Ink-  Basic Black and So Saffron.
Card Stock-  Whisper White, Real Red and Daffodil Delight.
DSP-  Back to Black
Stamp Set-  Kind of Electic (Love this set)
Punches/Framelits/Thinlits-  Bird Builder, Bitty Butterfly, 1/8th, Flower Fair, Chalk Talk, Finishing Touches and Apothecary Accents.
Misc-  Tea Lace Paper Doilies, So Saffron Marker and Basic Pearls.

I hope you were inspired by our sketch this week and create a card from it! We really do love to see your work. All you have to do is download a photo of your card on to our blog here:
http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

I really hope you have a great week and find some time to create something fun!

Chat soon,
Patrice


1 comment:

creations by jackie said...

Awesome card as always. Love the colors of your flowers.