Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paper Craft Crew #107

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I am sad to say VC_Rocks if over for the summer. We had such a great time. I was kept supper busy stamping, swapping, challenging, blog hopping and creating. But most of all the chatting with my Rocking Friends. That was my 5th summer and it was fun. Chat soon ladies. Have a great Holiday Season.

Now that I have my Mojo flowing, I am in the mood for some sketch challenges. I told myself that I was going to blog at least 3 times a week throughout the Fall and Winter.
I found this great sketch over at the Paper Craft Crew  PCCCS #107
http://www.papercraftcrew.com.


This is what I came up with;


I created the flower by using the smallest watercolor image from the Work of Art stamp set, stamping it in a repetitive circular motion. Then fussy cut it out and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a 1/4" circle punch of Crushed Curry to the center and a ring of little Basic Pearls. In lieu of the three circles, and scallops I used three leaves and a row of waves. The leaves are from the Kinda Electic stamp set. A little Lost Lagoon bow and ribbon met that requirement. I really like the wispy look of the Linen Thread I added around the flower.

Here is a look at the inside


I sure hope you enjoyed this card and were as inspired as I was to create a card from this awesome sketch. Thanks ladies for the fun. I am glad to be back stamping to your challenges.

WHAT"S NEW ON THE HOME FRONT!

What a busy weekend we had painting! We scraped, power washed, sanded and painted the back yard deck. It was hard work to get it prepared just to paint but oh so worth it! We have to put one final coat on it next weekend but this project is almost in the bag.

Here are the before and after photos



Jeff was pooped out from all the scrubbing and cleaning we had to to prep the deck for painting, yet he still kept going. 



He finally finished the painting and now look at it!I am so pleased with how it turned out. I love this man of mine.



I am so tickled with the look  of this desk. I told him next year we have to get new deck furniture. He said whooh one thing at a time my sweet lolol

Tomorrow I will show you pictures of the painting we are doing in the kitchen. Can I say Poppy Parade??????


Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: