Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Traveler and Kitchen update

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I told myself that I was going to try to post at least three times a week to keep my Mojo flowing. That means I have  stamp more to create cards.   YIPPEE!!!!

Ever since I got the stamp set Traveler, I have wanted to create a card from it!

I love the vintage look and feel to these stamps. I see a vintage camera in the set and that gives me another idea for a card that I will have to explore.

For this card I chose the Ocean Liner and Passport stamps and gave it a go.

This is what I came up with;


It really took a quite a while to create this card. I just couldn't match up color, paper, stamps and ink with the vintage look I was trying to create. But,after sever remakes I think I finally have it the way I had imagined it would turn out.

I used Natural Ivory card stock for the card base.
Kraft card stock for all the images and tags and second layer.
Early Espresso for the first layer. I used Early Espresso  ink and Markers on the images themselves. I found that using the Early Espresso marker to outline the Ocean Liner and Passport really helped them to stand out. To me they didn't look like they had enough dimension to them.
The DSP is since retired. It was called Soho Subway. It was a great DSP set from last years catalog.
I used the little tag punch for the luggage tag in the top  right hand corner.

News From The Home Front

Now that the garden is slowing down, we have started working on the first floor. I'm so excited that my kitchen is finally going to get painted. I chose my favorite SU Colors- Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Very Vanilla.  Here are the first few pictures. I may not use the Old Olive because I am still not sure how that will work into things, it is a lot of color?

Before






During- Look how low the ceiling is, Jeff almost has to duck his head to get into the living room lol. Old houses are interesting.



After



We bought this home last year and we spent most of the year re-doing the upstairs it is beautiful and creating our garden.  The home was built in 1891.The front half is a log cabin. The kitchen, dining room and the 1/2 bath was an add on probably around 1960 ish. When we moved the dining room furniture to paint (a large china cabinet) we found some mold on the drywall. Yikes! Jeff said We have to get a plumber to look into this. He also said I may just get a new kitchen sooner than I thought? I don't know what all this is going to in tale, but we are painting around it for now. I love this color it is so bright and cheery! We need to do a quick second coat and two of the four walls are done. The second color that will go around the Kitchen sink wall will be Very Vanilla, as my cabinets are a very dark brown wood and the Poppy would be too dark there. (Real wood cabinets are a rarity).


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you were inspired by this card and find some time to create something fun.

Chat soon,
Patrice


No comments: