Saturday, October 11, 2014

Bootiful Halloween

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I saw a card on line and the lady used the Witches Boot from Bootiful Occasions. I said to myself I have that set! Why don't I pull it out and use it while I still have time right!

What I think I will do is make a few cards using it to see what I can come up with in the next few days. How's that for a mini goal!

This is my first card using the Bootiful Witches Boot!


First, I stamped the boot in different colors on white cs and used markers to color in the circles. I found the colors ran together so that was a no go. Then, I pulled out my Embossing Powders and tried several different colors of powders to make the boots with. Believe it or not I liked the traditional black boot the best.
 I was able to color in the circles with markers and the colors did not not run! This technique was just Perfect for what I wanted to achieve! These three boots were stamped in VersaMark on Whisper White cs. I used Black Embossing Powder and used my handy Heat Tool to set the powder. The boots  are shiny and super fun looking. To get the single boot I just fussy cut around them.
I used the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder for the background. I left a strip on the bottom of the cs clear so I could stamp my sentiment flat. The boot helps covers the left side of my emboss free strip.

I needed cs colors that were very bright and cheery. The card stock I used is some old SU and non SU colors from my stash.  The SU colors are so old I don't even remember the names of them hahaha.

Here is a look at the inside.



That's all for today. I've got some time to play so, I be back tomorrow with some more inspirational ideas for ya.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: