Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!!

                       I am Grateful for all my Friends and Family!


I can't believe it we got our first snow yesterday! Big Smile! This starts our third winter in West Virginia. We have really found a new home. We are invited to two friends houses today so this post will be a short one. But, I just wanted you all to know how grateful I am to all of you who follow my blog, leave me comments and like my work. I am so filled with Joy that you stop by and visit when ever I post. Thank You so much for making it all worthwhile!

I have learned so many new things since moving here. Crafting and Gardening and now Baking. I just started to learn how to cook pies and make my own crust. I even grew the pumpkin and rhubarb to make them with. Who would have thought a city girl like me would love country living soooo much!

Here is a look at the two apple pies I made;


 I saw on line different crust edges and fancy things you can do with them so I gave it a try, with the circle of leaves and the fancy edge.



Here is a look a my two pumpkin, one split? I'll have to ask my mom what that is all about? My friend told me that it might have (she's so kind) been cooked too long. It was on the top shelf so I may have to re-think switching them mid stream or cook one at a time.


I love going on line and getting ideas don't you. I saw another lady made sugared cranberries and leaves and put them around her pie, I thought they might be pretty on one of my pumpkins so I gave it a try too.

I hope you find some time to create something fun today! If you are traveling be safe and don't skimp on he PIE~

Chat soon,
Patrice

1 comment:

Carey said...

Happy thanksgiving my friend. I tried calling but you were out.

Love your baking.

Carey and Roscoe