Friday, January 9, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday 1/9/15

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

I bet you are asking where has she been? It's going on well over three weeks since I got this flu/cold/bronchitis thing and I'm just now starting to feel a bit better. This  never ending yuck that is going around is no fun! I really hope you haven't gotten hit with it!

With that said, lets move on to a more happier note! I needed some fun this week how about you?

We have another wonderful SFF challenge for you Elizabeth Harris designed it. I was so excited to show you this sketch and to show you what everyone had created with it. You did a great job Elizabeth!



This is what I came up with.


 I really do like to work with sketches. They give me a starting point and inspiration for my cards. I chose Crumb Cake card stock for my card base. Then added the background with the Decorative Dots Impression Folder.

Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso and Natural White card stock for the matting, star and the banner. I used a scrap of Trim the Tree DSP and a scrap of Burlap Ribbon  for accent pieces, I punched three little stars and added three gold sequin pieces for some bling! The sentiments are from the Petite Pairs stamp set. The larger stars were cut from the Star Framelits set.


As you know I like to decorate the inside of my cards too. I think it makes the card have a more custom look to it.

Well that's it for this week. I hope you give our sketch a try it really is a great sketch to work with. If you do please add it to our blog here http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/

Take care of yourselves my friends. Try to stay warm, get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids (I know it's the mother in me ).

Chat soon,
Patrice



1 comment:

Terri said...

I always like how you decorate both inside & out. Great card, love that you even added the burlap as an additional texture to the banner.