Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday 2/27/15

Hello to all my blogging friends, I hope this post finds you all well and happy!

It's another SFF Sketch Challenge day. Yah! I am always so amazed when a week flies by and here it is again Friday. Wow, how did that happen? Time flies when you are having fun I guess!

As of late my personal life has gotten so busy! It is a good thing because I am not just sitting at home idle any more! I have been out more this winter than the last two winters put together. I guess I'm acclimating to the weather conditions here? I get stir crazy sitting in the house all the time I need to get out even if it is cold.
 However, I'm going to have to start writing things down in a calender just to keep up with everything that is going on! I guess that is a good thing right!


Kim Innis created this weeks sketch and I loved working with it! Thanks Kim for the inspiration! Here is her sketch;


this is what I came up with.


I don't know why but, when I saw the circle part of the sketch, I thought the Woodsman from the Wood You Be Mine stamp set would look fun hanging out of his log cabin window wishing the receiver of this cards a Happy Hello! I just love this little guy don't you? I fussy cut him out and popped him up on dimensionals. I used Marina Mist for his shirt and various SU Markers for the rest of him. Happy Hello is from the Crazy about you Stamp Set. There are lots of fun word combinations you can make up using the single words found in this set. The sentiment is stamped on one of the Essentials Wooden Elements pieces in Mossy Meadow. All these elements coordinate so nicely with all the other woodland elements on this card. 

The Washi Tape was fun to use here too. Because the tape is almost transparent, I often adhere it to a scrap of white card stock first depending on the look I am trying to achieve. This is one of those cases where I wanted the tape to stand out so I used my white card stock trick to do so.

I punched the leaves in Wild Wasabi using the Bird Builder Punch and the Bitty Butterfly was punched out using Tangelo Twist card stock. It is such a great orange color!

Here is a look at the inside;


The inside sentiment is from the Hello Life stamp set! It was stamped in Mossy Meadow. I think it is such a great shade of green it has a very soft look to it!

Thats all there is for me today. I hope you give this weeks sketch a try we would love to see what you create from using it. Here is a link to our blog.  http://www.sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you too find some time to create something fun.

Chat soon,
Patrice

No comments: